It’s so hard to believe that we’ve been closed for almost 3 months now! We are so excited to announce that Out of Time Escape will reopen on Friday June 12th at 1:00pm!!! After several months of missing our players, we are anxious to see you again and provide you with a fun entertainment outlet as we all help each other get back to “normal”!
As thrilled as we are to once again be able to provide your family with that fun setting and ensure that the time you spend with us will be time you do not have to worry about COVID-19, we want to make sure we have a safe and controlled atmosphere. We take the health and safety of our players and our staff very seriously. Out of Time Escape is committed to taking every precaution to ensure that your time with us is a great entertainment experience using the following guidelines
MOST IMPORTANT: If you are sick or have a fever, please refrain from booking at this time. This is for your safety as well as the safety of others.
Please know that thorough sanitizing has always been a part of our every day business. Whether we are in the middle of flu season, experiencing a pandemic or just a regular weekend, we know that germs are everywhere, and we work our hardest to make sure that our customers do not share them with each other. Disinfecting our rooms, bathrooms and common areas is something that has always been done several times a day. But now we’re adding several extra measures to further protect everyone.
We are completely disinfecting our escape rooms in between each experience. EPA-registered disinfectants are being used on all hard and soft surfaces and allowed to sit for the appropriate amount of time to disinfect properly. All locks, props, laminates, etc. are being wiped and cleaned individually.
Any and all High Touch surfaces including tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, ect.
We will clean and sanitize each space between groups. Our policy is “You touch it, We clean it.” This includes our lobby, bathrooms, and high traffic areas in between groups.
First, we’ve changed ALL bookings to be “PRIVATE,” at no additional cost to our players, meaning that you will never be mixed with people outside the group you book with. The best precaution we can take is to not allow game play with people you don’t know. If you’re living with or driving to our facility with the people you are playing with, chances are you are comfortable that being in their presence does not pose a health risk to you. We do strongly encourage you to only participate with those you are already in regular contact with. Therefore the use of masks and gloves is voluntary and will be left up to the player. Just book the number of guests in your group (between min and max for the room) and all other spaces will be blocked out automatically. The minimum and maximum numbers are:
Mysterious Temple: Minimum amount of players: 4. Maximum amount of players: 8
Framed: Minimum amount of players: 2. Maximum amount of players: 6
Exit Protocol: Minimum amount of players: 2. Maximum amount of players: 6
Legend of Deadwood: Minimum amount of players: 4. Maximum amount of players: 6
Sherlock: Minimum amount of players: 2. Maximum amount of players: 5
Additionally only one “game group” will be allowed in our lobby at one time. Any other “game groups” will be asked to wait in an outside open area until the lobby is available.
We’ve expanded the TIME BETWEEN BOOKINGS so our staff has ample time to clean and sanitize everything in each game as well as the lobby and other common areas before the next group arrives.
In order to adhere to state and local guidelines, we will be limiting the number of people in our lobby at any one time, which means we will not be able to accept walk ins. We ask that all games be pre-booked on our website up to 2 hours prior to game time, for the safety of all of our players. However, to accommodate spur of the moment game play, we are happy to take call ahead bookings when available, which is the next best thing to a walk ins.
Staff members are required to wear FACE MASKS at all times when in proximity of the guests and WASH THEIR HANDS frequently with soap and water.
Staff members will not be scheduled to work if they show SIGNS OF SICKNESS. Our staff will not work if they have any active symptoms of cough, sore throat, or fever. Each staff member will have a no contact temperature taken before the start of each shift.
Additionally every member of our staff has completed all the modules on Count On Me NC to ensure that we are able to go above and beyond when it comes to your well-being.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your experience, BUT NO SOONER. We want your group to have ample time to wash your hands prior to your experience. However, arriving too early will only leave you sitting in the lobby waiting for your game. Keeping our lobby crowds to a minimum is extremely important right now.
- Use the restroom before you arrive at our facility. We want to get your group going ASAP to keep our lobby crowds to a minimum.
- If anyone in your group is not feeling well, PLEASE have them stay home or re-schedule your experience.
- PLEASE… bring your patience. Extra sanitation takes extra time. While we are doing our best to keep everything running on time, it is possible we may get your game started a couple of minutes late so that we can sanitize everything properly to keep your group safe.
- We will be wearing masks. Players are not required to wear masks at this time, however it is encouraged. We will have masks and gloves available.
- When you arrive please stay in your car and call us at 704-701-3379. When your entire group has arrived (15 minutes before your booking time please) we will unlock the door and check you in. Your entire group must enter the building together.
- The escape room you have chosen will have been sanitized. Each player will be asked to wash their hands or use our sanitizer before and after you play your room.
- We will be checking temperatures as you enter the building (contactless) as well as conducting a short health screening.
- Please be honest – if you are not feeling well do not come. We will reschedule you when you are feeling better.
- We thank you for all your cooperation and patience as we operate in a new system to keep us all safe and healthy.
We have relaxed our cancellation and rescheduling policies.If you or anyone in your party have exhibited any symptoms of COVID-19, please inform us at least 3 hours prior to your booking so we can reschedule you. While we have always allowed cancellations/reschedules with at least 48 hours advance notice, we are reducing that down to 24 hours notice before the scheduled time of the event. You will receive a full refund if cancelled with the advance 24 hour notice. You can reschedule your booking free of charge with a minimum of THREE HOURS advance notice. Any reschedules occurring with less than THREE HOURS notice will be subjected to a $15.00 fee. If you need to make any modifications to your existing or future reservations, please email us at [email protected] or call us at (704) 997-8345
We are uniquely positioned to provide families with a safe activity and we are glad to be reopening on Friday, June 12th at 1:00 PM and we hope that our policies will help you feel safe to come visit us again. Hopefully as things improve we will be able to relax these policies in the future. Please check back to this page for policy updates.
As always, we appreciate your support of our family-owned Small Business and every other small business during this difficult time. We love providing a fun place for people to get together. And now, more than ever, it’s a safe place as well.
Our sincerest thanks to each of you that reached out and supported during these past months. We are excited to be reopening and we can’t wait for you to see some of the changes we’ve got planned at Out of Time Escape!
Please reach out to us directly if you have questions or concerns by calling us at (704) 997-8345 or email [email protected]
—- The Out of Time Escape Staff
16325 Northcross Drive, Suite B
Huntersville, NC 28078
Out Of Time Escape is located at 16325 Northcross Drive, Suite B, Huntersville, NC 28078. We are conveniently located in the Birkdale Business park I-77 exit 25. It is Entrance 3 right across from the outback Steakhouse on the right. There is plenty of parking. Please take traffic into consideration and arrive a few minutes early to avoid any delays.