As thrilled as we are to once again be able to provide your family with a fun setting and ensure that the time you spend with us will be time you do not have to worry about COVID-19, we want to make sure we have a safe and controlled atmosphere. We take the health and safety of our players and our staff very seriously. Out of Time Escape is committed to taking every precaution to ensure that your time with us is a great entertainment experience using the following guidelines
MOST IMPORTANT: If you are sick or have a fever, please refrain from booking at this time. This is for your safety as well as the safety of others.
Please know that thorough sanitizing has always been a part of our every day business. Whether we are in the middle of flu season, experiencing a pandemic or just a regular weekend, we know that germs are everywhere, and we work our hardest to make sure that our customers do not share them with each other. Disinfecting our rooms, bathrooms and common areas is something that has always been done several times a day. But now we’re adding several extra measures to further protect everyone.
We are completely disinfecting our escape rooms in between each experience. EPA-registered disinfectants are being used on all hard and soft surfaces and allowed to sit for the appropriate amount of time to disinfect properly. All locks, props, laminates, etc. are being wiped and cleaned individually.
Any and all High Touch surfaces including tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, ect.
Our policy is “You touch it, We clean it.” This includes our lobby, bathrooms, and high traffic areas in between groups.
First, we’ve changed ALL bookings to be “PRIVATE,” at no additional cost to our players, meaning that you will never be mixed with people outside the group you book with. The best precaution we can take is to not allow game play with people you don’t know. If you’re living with or driving to our facility with the people you are playing with, chances are you are comfortable that being in their presence does not pose a health risk to you. We do strongly encourage you to only participate with those you are already in regular contact with. Select your desired room and time and then select the number “1”. From the new dropdown menu, select the number of guests in your group (between min and max for the room) and all other spaces will be blocked out automatically. The minimum and maximum numbers are:
Mysterious Temple: Minimum amount of players: 4. Maximum amount of players: 8
Framed: Minimum amount of players: 2. Maximum amount of players: 6
Exit Protocol: Minimum amount of players: 2. Maximum amount of players: 6
Legend of Deadwood: Minimum amount of players: 4. Maximum amount of players: 6
The Roanoke Experiment: Minimum amount of players: 4 Maximum amount of players: 8
Additionally only one group will be allowed in our lobby at one time. Any other groups will be asked to wait in an outside open area until the lobby is available.
We’ve expanded the time between bookings so our staff has ample time to clean and sanitize everything in each game before the next group arrives.
In order to adhere to state and local guidelines, we will be limiting the number of people in our lobby at any one time, which means we will not be able to accept walk ins. We ask that all games be pre-booked on our website up to 2 hours prior to game time, for the safety of all of our players. However, to accommodate spur of the moment game play, we are happy to take call ahead bookings when available, which is the next best thing to a walk ins.
Staff members are required to wear FACE MASKS at all times when in proximity of the guests and WASH THEIR HANDS frequently with soap and water.
Staff members will not be scheduled to work if they show SIGNS OF SICKNESS. Our staff will not work if they have any active symptoms of cough, sore throat, or fever. Each staff member will have a no contact temperature taken before the start of each shift.
Additionally every member of our staff has completed all the modules on Count On Me NC to ensure that we are able to go above and beyond when it comes to your well-being.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your experience, BUT NO SOONER.
- Use the restroom before you arrive at our facility. We want to get your group going ASAP to keep our rooms running on time.
- If anyone in your group is not feeling well, PLEASE have them stay home or re-schedule your experience.
- PLEASE… bring your patience. Extra sanitation takes extra time. While we are doing our best to keep everything running on time, it is possible we may get your game started a couple of minutes late so that we can sanitize everything properly to keep you safe.
- The front door will be locked to prevent groups from running into one another. You will need to call the listed number to check in and verify that your entire party is present and that you each have a mask.
- We will be wearing masks and so will the members of your group. No one will be admitted without a mask and refunds will not be given.
- When your entire group has arrived (15 minutes before your booking time please) we will unlock the door and check you in. Your entire group must enter the building together and each member must wear a mask while in the main part of the building.
- The escape room you have chosen will have been sanitized. Each player will be asked to wash their hands or use our sanitizer before and after you play your room.
- Please be honest – if you are not feeling well do not come. We will reschedule you when you are feeling better.
- We thank you for all your cooperation and patience as we operate in a new system to keep us all safe and healthy.
- Everyone must wear a mask to enter our facility. No refunds will be given to those who refuse to wear a mask.
- We are no longer providing PPP as we have made it as clear as possible that everyone MUST wear a mask.
- Players are free to remove masks once they are in their booked room with the door closed as that is no longer a public space. However players must put masks back on anytime they return to the main part of the facility.
- We here at Out of Time Escape love all of our players, including children unable to be vaccinated due to their age and the immunocompromised. We believe in protecting the most vulnerable among us. Mask adherence allows us to provide everyone with the opportunity to have a fun, BUT SAFE, experience.
We are uniquely positioned to provide families with a safe activity and we hope that our policies will help you feel safe to come visit us again. Hopefully as things improve we will be able to relax these policies in the future. Please check back to this page for policy updates.
As always, we appreciate your support of our women and family-owned Small Business and every other small business during this difficult time. We love providing a fun place for people to get together. And now, more than ever, it’s a safe place as well.
Please reach out to us directly if you have questions or concerns by calling us at (704) 997-8345 or email [email protected]
—- The Out of Time Escape Staff
16325 Northcross Drive, Suite B
Huntersville, NC 28078
Out Of Time Escape is located at 16325 Northcross Drive, Suite B, Huntersville, NC 28078. We are conveniently located in the Birkdale Business park I-77 exit 25. It is Entrance 3 right across from the outback Steakhouse on the right. There is plenty of parking. Please take traffic into consideration and arrive a few minutes early to avoid any delays.